Advertising has a simple principle: to appeal to people and to sell products. After gaining interest, the goal is to get people to buy the product, even if they haven’t thought about buying it before. Advertising works by using psychology to influence people’s feelings and emotions about a product or service. Depending on the purpose of your social media campaign, social media can work for your business in different ways:
- To increase your brand awareness
- To attract potential customers to your business
- Promote sales of new and existing products
- Create a new product or service in the market
- To differentiate your product from that of your competitors
Advertising can be done in different ways. Radio ads, billboards, t-shirts, and social media are all referred to as advertising, as we’ll see later in this guide.